Top 5 Best Heat Pumps: Editor Recommended
The 10 Best Heat Pumps Reviews:
1. Cooper & Hunter 12,000 BTU, 115V Ductless Mini Split
Cooper Hunter Mia Series 12,000 BTU 19 SEER 110V 1Ton Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner Heat Pump ETL Intertek Approved, AHRI Certified WiFi Ready (Additional USB adapter is required but NOT included)
- Pre-charged with refrigerant. Works for heating with ambient temperature up to 5F°
- Ready for installation: 16FT copper line set, communication wires, and a drainage extension included with your order
- Whisper Technology for Quiet Operation, Great for Bedrooms, Additions, Living Rooms and Commercial Applications.
- You are well protected by a 7 year warranty on the compressor, a 5 year parts warranty. This is not a DIY system, professional installation is required.
2. Heat Pumps 2nd Edition
Since entering the HVAC industry in 1980, Eugene has taken on many roles ranging from field technician and system designer to company owner, teacher, administrator, consultant and author. Eugene is currently the Director of Technical Education and Standards at the ESCO Institute.
Eugene has twenty-five years of teaching experience and has taught air conditioning and refrigeration at many institutions including high school vocational programs, proprietary post-secondary institutions, and community colleges. In December of 2015, Eugene retired from his tenured teaching position at Suffolk County Community College, in Brentwood, New York, to join the ESCO Group and relocate to Southern California.
Eugene earned his dual Bachelors Degree from The City College of New York (New York, NY) and his Masters of Science degree from Stony Brook University, (Stony Brook, NY) where he specialized in Energy and Environmental Systems, studying renewable and sustainable energy sources such as wind, solar, geothermal, biomass, and hydropower.
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 662 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1305081633
- ISBN-13 : 978-1305081635
- Item Weight : 2.65 pounds
- Dimensions : 7.4 x 1.2 x 9.2 inches
3. Pioneer Diamante Series Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioner
Experience instant relief the moment you enter your room with Pioneer latest Diamante series high-wall mini split heat pump. This all-new product line was designed and developed to bring a truly affordable heating and cooling solution without sacrificing desirable features.
The variable-speed inverter technology and high-efficiency 19 SEER average rating guarantees substantial savings from your monthly energy bill. A dual-swing louver system ensures both horizontal and vertical sweeping air throw, to perfectly reach all directions of the room.
All systems in this series come equipped with an auxiliary strip heater in the condensing unit, to provide hyper-heating even in frigid -13°F temperatures. And with noise measurements as low as 32 dB, you can sleep peacefully with air conditioning quieter than even an empty library.
In addition, all systems come pre-packed with a full 16 ft. installation kit, so that the system is ready to be up and running in a single afternoon. Maintenance is simple and quick with only a seasonal cleaning of the re-usable filters. Built-in modes such as Timer, Follow-Me, ECO, Turbo, Freeze Protection, and Sleep let you fully configure both the functionality and the efficiency to your personal preference.
Knowledge articles, videos, and free tech support are included, and spare parts readily available. Only Pioneer offers the perfect all-in-one solution for your cooling, heating, ventilation, and dehumidification needs.
- High Efficiency Diamante Ductless Mini Split Inverter Heat Pump System
- Use for both cooling and heating: 12000 BTU/hour with 20 SEER and 10 HSPF efficiency
- Diamante series carries a full line of low-ambient wall-mounted mini splits with capacities ranging from 9,000 BTU/hour to 36,000 BTU/hour for various residential and light commercial applications
- Complete system set including: indoor (fan coil) section, outdoor (condenser) section, wireless remote controller with remote holder, 16 ft. L line set with other installation accessories, free vibration absorber feet for the condensing unit
- Voltage: 115V, 60Hz, 1Ph
4. 15,000 BTU High Efficiency PTAC Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner
Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners (PTAC) and Packaged Terminal Heat Pumps (PTHP) are ductless, convenient, all-in-one heating and cooling solutions for commercial spaces.
It is a type of self-contained heating and air conditioning system commonly found in hotels, motels, senior housing facilities, hospitals, condominiums, apartment buildings, add-on rooms & sunrooms.
They don’t required ducting because they slide into the wall for installation. One side supplies conditioned air inside and the other side ventilates outside. Their work horse capacity, compact design (standard 42″ width and slim profile) coupled with high tech functions bump them to the commercial level.
All PTACs offer cooling and electric heat with an electric heat strip or you may choose more advanced version with heat pump compressor.
- 15,000 BTU Packaged Terminal Unit Heat Pump with Cooling (Dehumidifier) + 3.6 KW Electric Heater – Perfect for residential/commercial/hotel use
- Pre-Charged with R-410A Refrigerant Type, 6.5′ Power Cord Included
- Wall sleeve and grille are required for the new installation but not included and sold separately.
- Standard Sizing – 42” Width x 21” Deep x 16” Height allowing you to replace your old PTAC while using existing standard wall sleeve and grille
- 7 year limited warranty on compressor, 5 year limited warranty on parts
5. Bosch Ultra-Quiet 12K BTU 230V Mini Split Air Conditioner
The Bosch Climate 5000 ductless mini split series provides energy-efficient, on-demand comfort that is flexible, simple to install, and easy to maintain. An exceptional alternative to traditional HVAC systems, the BOSCH Climate 5000 series focuses on heating and cooling individual rooms by utilizing a combination of efficient technologies to achieve up to a 22 SEER rating, reducing electricity usage and lowering your electric bill.
The mini split system is ideal for spaces where HVAC equipment or ductwork will not fit, or is overly costly – including additions, renovations, and enclosed patios. The Bosch Climate 5000 system is comprised of three parts – the indoor air handler, outdoor condensing section, and the piping line set.
The two main units are connected by the electrical, refrigerant, and condensate piping line set through a 3-inch diameter hole in an exterior wall. Wireless back-lit remote is included for easy adjustment, featuring timer, follow-me, and turbo settings. Additional features include Silent Setting, lowering sound levels to 20 dBAs – less than the sound of rainfall.
This 12K 230V Mini Split System with Air Handler, Condensing Section, and 24-foot line set includes the necessary indoor and outdoor components and piping line set. This system has a cooling capacity of 12, 000 BTUs, ideal for a single zone up to 400 square feet. 20. 7 Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER) and 12. 5 Energy Efficiency Rating (EER). 9. 6 Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF) and Energy Star Certified for greater efficiency.
Indoor unit measures 11. 81” H x 31. 65” W x 7. 60” D and weighs 18. 7 lbs. Outdoor Unit measures 21. 81” H x 31. 50” W x 13. 11” D and weighs 81. 6 lbs. Limited residential covers replacements parts for 5 years and compressor for 7 years. Requires Professional Installation.
- Aesthetic and modern indoor air handler with compact and easily concealed outdoor condenser unit that comes with 25 ft. of pre-charged refrigerant
- 12, 000 BTU cooling capacity, ideal for rooms up to 400 square feet, the unit provides heat with outdoor temps down to -13 degrees F (provides cooling up to 122 degrees F outdoors)
- Energy Star certified for greater efficiency and lower energy costs – 20. 7 SEER and 9. 6 HSPF Rated
- Wireless back-lit remote with Silent mode, timer, Follow-Me, and Turbo speed settings for the highest level of home comfort
- Indoor air handler and outdoor condensing section with required 24-foot line set for connection
6. Heat Pumps: Operation, Installation
Heat Pumps; Operation, Installation, and Service is designed to provide the reader with a comprehensive overview of heat pump systems. The manual covers basic principles of operation, system components, air flow, defrost methods, balance point, auxiliary electric heat, electrical control wiring, refrigerant piping, installation, refrigerant charging, troubleshooting, dual fuel systems, and an introduction to geothermal systems. The intent of the book is to offer students and technicians information to build upon,
- ASIN : B07TB384XQ
- Publisher : ESCO Press (June 18, 2019)
- Publication date : June 18, 2019
- Language : English
- File size : 15856 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Not enabled
7. Heat Pump Technology
This new edition of the classic work covers all aspects of heat pumps. It is intended as both a student textbook and a reference manual for professional HVAC/R technicians. The book covers fundamentals, equipment operation, troubleshooting, startup, and service procedures. Among the many new features in this edition are:
New or refined illustrations that readily convey the basic concepts of heat pump technology. Expanded coverage of solid-state defrost controls. Examination of all current equipment and service procedures. Updated coverage of refrigerant-handling principles and refrigerants.
- Language : English
- Paperback : 544 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0130339652
- ISBN-13 : 978-0130339652
- Item Weight : 8.8 ounces
- Dimensions : 7.4 x 1.3 x 9 inches
8. Amana PTAC 12,000 BTU Heat Pump Unit
Amana PTAC 12,000 BTU Heat Pump Air Conditioner Unit 3.5kW Heater, PTH123G35AXXX Amana PTAC, through the wall, units have been designed and assembled in the U.S.A for over 35 years maintaining a higher standard of reliability, comfort and efficiency. PTAC or Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners are specially designed for hotels, motels, bed & breakfasts and studios. Amana PTAC units are AHRI Certified with an EER up to 12.0 utilizing DigiSmart technology.
- Amana hotel/motel syle PTAC air conditioner Heat Pump
- 12,000 BTU 11 EER Heat Pump through the wall air conditioner
- Amana 12K BTU Heat Pump Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner model PTH123G35AXXX with 3.5kW heatstrip included
- Features a Digismart control board for energy savings
- 5 year limited parts warranty, 1 year unit replacement
9. DAIKIN 12,000 BTU 17 SEER Wall-Mounted Ductless Mini-Split
As you think about the functionality of your home’s indoor comfort system, the Daikin brand is ready to help you achieve control, energy efficiency and long-term peace of mind. Take that attention to quality one step farther by choosing a Daikin brand energy efficient ductless split system.
We have designed and engineered all of our products to provide years of consistent indoor comfort delivering you and your family premium Comfort for Life. Energy Efficient – 17 SEER, 9 HSPF, 10 Year Parts Limited and Turbo mode cools or warms up the room fast.
The Daikin brand 17 Series is designed to blend in discreetly with any home design and are ideal for single rooms. Smart inverter technology integrated with an inverter variable-speed compressor, 17 Series ductless systems delivers the capacity required to maintain desired room conditions, typically reducing energy consumption (compared to traditional fixed-speed ducted systems).
This technology minimizes temperature fluctuations and provides continuous cooling and heating comfort. Designed for Comfort for Life, the Daikin 17 Series units include features to ensure a comfortable experience every moment. From the wide-angle louver design to the auto-swing and comfortable mode controller settings, effective heating and cooling is ensured throughout the space.
Utilizing inverter technology to maintain comfort settings, Daikin systems most often operate at low speeds with indoor sound levels as low as 37 decibels (dB) and outdoor sound levels as low as 51 dB. Activate the indoor unit quiet operation and sound levels drop by 2-3 dB for gentler heating and cooling and quiet operation.
Additional features: Energy Efficient – 17 SEER, 9 HSPF, Undisturbed Comfort, Wireless Control. Applications: Primary living areas (master bedrooms and living rooms), Hot or cold rooms, Rooms with poor air flow, Renovations and remodeling, Basements, attics and garages, new construction.
- 10 Year Parts Warranty. HeatandCool is a Daikin manufacturer online authorized distributor, We provide FREE Technical support for all your needs and process Warranty by our in-house experts.
- Daikin 17 SEER Wall-Mounted Ductless Mini-Split Inverter Air Conditioner Heat Pump System (230 Volt)
- Includes: Indoor Fan Coil, Outdoor Condensing Unit, Remote Control, Maxwell 15 Ft. Installation Kit,
- Energy Efficient – 17 SEER, 9 HSPF.
- Coverage Area of 550 Sq. Ft. Applications: Primary living areas (master bedrooms), hot or cold rooms, renovations & remodeling, basements, attics & garages.
10. Absorption Chillers and Heat Pumps
Keith E. Herold started working in absorption refrigeration during his PhD studies at The Ohio State University, Columbus. This research focus was motivated by his work at Battelle Memorial Institute, Columbus, Ohio, where he was involved in building and running custom absorption refrigeration cycles under contract to the US
Department of Energy, among others. Subsequent to those experiences, he joined the University of Maryland, College Park, where he was the director of the Sorption Systems Consortium, which was funded by various companies. Dr. Herold has authored approximately 50 publications on the subject of absorption refrigeration and his group developed the vapor surfactant theory of mass transfer enhancement.
- ASIN : B01DVTEVGU
- Publisher : CRC Press; 2nd edition (April 21, 2016)
- Publication date : April 21, 2016
- Language : English
- File size : 14467 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Not enabled