Top 5 Best Forward Facing Car Seat: Editor Recommended
The 10 Best Forward Facing Car Seat Reviews:
1. Graco Tranzitions 3 in 1 Harness Booster Seat
Graco Transitions 3-in-1 harness booster car seat is designed to grow with your child and go with you, wherever your journeys take you – from car to carpool and beyond. This lightweight car seat transitions seamlessly from harness booster (22 – 65 lbs) to highback booster (40 – 100 lbs) to backless booster seat (40 – 100 lbs) and features the Simply Safe Adjust Harness System, which adjusts your harness and headrest to 8 height positions, with no rethreading.
It features two removable cup holders to keep your child happy, and a machine washable seat pad, body insert and harness covers. Metal and plastic parts may be cleaned with mild soap and cool water.
- 3-in-1 harness booster helps protect your child, from toddler to youth
- Grows with your child from forward-facing harness (22-65 pounds) to highback booster (40-100 pounds) to backless booster (40-100 pounds) to continue to meet industry standards, we have increased the weight minimum from 30 to 40 pounds
- No-rethread simply safe adjust harness system allows the headrest and harness to adjust together in one motion.Do not use bleach
- Lightweight, portable seat is ideal for busy, active parents
- One-hand, 8-position adjustable headrest grows with your child
- 2 easy-to-clean cup holders keep your child’s drinks and snacks close at hand
- Open-loop belt guides help properly position your vehicle’s seat belt
2. Evenflo Chase Harnessed Booster, Jubilee
The Evenflo Chase is a forward facing-harnessed car seat holding children from 22-40 pounds (height: 28-50″ ) that also can be converted to a belt-positioning booster for children from 40-110 pounds (height: 43-57″ ). In addition to 4 shoulder harness and 2 crotch strap positions, this seat’s innovative design adjusts to fit your child’s needs as they continue to grow.
Accredited as a “Best Bet” by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the Chase’s auto adjusting belt path assists in properly positioning a vehicle lap’s shoulder belt across your child’s shoulder to provide optimal safety.
We’ve designed and tested the Chase’s structural integrity to withstand approximately two times the energy of the Federal Crash Test Standard. It also exceeds Evenflo’s own rigorous side impact testing standards.
- This 2-In-1 combination booster car seat fitting children from 22-110 pounds. converts from a 5-point harnessed to belt-positioning car seat allowing for extended use for your child
- Upfront Harness Adjust: Central, front access to harness adjuster provides an easy way to adjust child’s harness for an accurate, snug fit
- This lightweight combination booster car seat comes equipped for latch systems allowing for easy installation and transfer between multiple vehicles. Do not use abrasive cleaners or solvents.
- Buckle Positions: 2 crotch buckle positions to adjust for more seating space as child grows
- Integrated cup holders keep drinks close without increasing the width of the car seat, allowing multiple car seats to fit your back seat. Harness booster age at least two years of age. Fit Tip: Childs ears are below top of child restraint headrest. Seat belt booster age at least four years of age
3. Graco SlimFit 3 in 1 Car Seat -Slim & Comfy Design Saves Space
The Graco SlimFit 3-in-1 Car Seat grows with your child, from rear-facing harness (5-40 lb.) to forward-facing harness (22-65 lb.) to highback booster (40-100 lb). It saves space in your back seat, while giving your child plenty of room to grow. The unique, rotating cup holders simply rotate away, making the seat 10% slimmer to save precious back seat space.
The Simply Safe Adjust Harness System means you can easily adjust the harness and headrest together, to accommodate your growing child with ease. With 4 recline positions, you can keep your child comfortable, while the InRight LATCH system makes installation easy with a one-second attachment. The seat is Graco ProtectPlus Engineered to help protect your little one in frontal, side, rear, and rollover crashes.
- 3-in-1 car seat grows with your child from rear-facing harness (5-40 pounds) to forward-facing harness (22-65 pounds) to highback booster (40-100 pounds)
- Slim design with dual integrated cup holders that rotate away, making the seat 10% slimmer to save valuable back seat space
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered: A combination of the most rigorous crash tests that helps to protect your little one in frontal, side, rear and rollover crashes
- No-rethread simply safe adjust harness system allows the headrest and harness to adjust together in one motion
- Choose the perfect headrest height from 10 positions to get the safest fit for your child as they grow
- 4-position recline keeps your child comfy and helps for a better installation
- Push-button InRight LATCH provides an easy, one-second attachment with an audible click to help ensure secure installation
4. Evenflo Sonus Convertible Car Seat
Keep your growing child safe and comfortable in Evenflo’s Sonus convertible car seat. With a rear-facing weight rating up to 40 pounds and a forward-facing weight rating up to 50 pounds. your child can remain harnessed longer. For added comfort, this seat offers a built-in ventilation system that provides a comfortable seat for your child through all seasons.
Try this seat for a top notch extended-use option at an affordable price. At Evenflo, we continue to go above and beyond government standards. Designed and tested for structural integrity at energy levels approximately 2x the federal crash test standard AND tested to simulate a side impact event and rollover event.
REAR-FACING Fit: Top of head is at least 25 mm (1 inch) below the top of the child restraint seat back. FORWARD-FACING Fit: The tops of the child’s ears are at or below the top of child restraint seat back. Do not lubricate or immerse in water any part of this child restraint, unless rinsing is permitted.
Plastic and metal parts may be wiped clean with mild soap and water and dried with a soft cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaners or solvents.
- The Sonus Convertible Car Seat helps protect rear facing infants from 5-40 pounds, and forward facing toddlers from 22-50 pounds, extending the life and use of this full-featured car seat. Rear facing height is 19-40 inches and forward facing height is 28-50 inches
- In addition to meeting or exceeding all applicable federal safety standards, this car seat also passes Evenflo’s comprehensive Side Impact and industry leading Rollover Test Standards
- The Sonus features a revolutionary air flow ventilation system that provides a temperature-regulated, comfortable traveling experience regardless of the season or your climate. Rear facing fit tip- Top of head is at 1 inch below the top of the child restraint seat back
- This restraint meets FAA Inversion requirements for airplane use allowing it to serve as a seat that can travel with you during family vacations or holidays around the world
- Up-front adjustment for easy access to harness, 5 shoulder strap positions for proper fit, removable pads for easy machine washing, 2 cup holders, and head pillow for support
5. Baby Trend Trooper 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
The Baby Trend Trooper 3-in-1 Convertible car seat converts from rear facing infant seat (4-18lbs) and rear facing toddler seat(18-40lbs), to forward facing toddler seat (22-65lbs) as your child grows. With 5-position shoulder height adjustment and 3- position crotch buckle for seat adjustment, the Trooper convertible gives parents the ultra convenience for installation and adjustment.
The rear-facing recline flip foot also allows the Trooper to get great installation angles with ease. Trooper’s nimble frame can fit three across in most vehicles which is great for families that have more than one kiddo. The lightweight shell also allows for use of LATCH Installation up to 55 lbs.
The super deep side wings offer better side impact protection and premium cushion, giving your babies great head protection and support. With premium fabric and the convenient integrated cup holder on the side, Our Baby Trend Trooper 3-in-1 Convertible car seat truly gives your children The most comfortable and convenient commute/travel experience. Maximum height 50 inches.
- 3 modes of use: rear facing infant mode (4-18lbs), rear facing toddler mode (18-40lbs), and forward facing toddler mode (22-65lbs)
- Immediate right installation angle: rear-facing recline flip foot allows for great installation angles with ease; The built-in bubble level indicator helps find the correct angle
- Fits three across: at its widest, the Trooper is 16.75″ Allowing it to fit 3 ACROSS in most vehicle
- Shoulder & crotch buckle adjustment: 5-position shoulder height adjustment and 3- position crotch buckle for seat adjustment
- Safe with head protection: super deep side wings for better side impact protection
6. Graco TriRide 3 in 1 Car Seat | 3 Modes of Use from Rear Facing to Highback Booster Car Seat
The Graco® TriRide™ 3-in-1 Car Seat helps to keep your little one safe from baby to big kid, through 3 modes of use: rear-facing harness (5-40 lb), forward-facing harness (22-65 lb), and highback booster (40-100 lb). The No-Rethread Simply Safe Adjust™ Harness System allows you to adjust the height of the headrest and harness in one motion, helping to save you time and ensure your child is properly secured.
Choose the perfect headrest height from 10 positions and adjust the seat to 6 recline positions for a better installation. The easy-to-read level indicator helps eliminate installation guesswork and the car seat is LATCH-equipped for easy installation. The integrated harness storage compartment keeps the harness safely stored away, without removing, while in belt-positioning booster mode.
Open-loop belt guides help properly position your vehicle’s seat belt across your child in highback booster mode. 2 easy-to-clean cup holders keep your child’s drinks and snacks close at hand, and the seat pad is comfortable and machine washable for your convenience.
Removable plush head and body inserts help to keep your infant feeling cradled and comfortable. Steel-reinforced frame provides strength and durability for years of use. This car seat is Graco® ProtectPlus Engineered™ to help protect in frontal, side, rear, and rollover crashes.
- 3-in-1 car seat grows with your child from rear-facing harness (5-40 lb) to forward-facing harness (22-65 lb) to highback booster (40-100 lb)
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered: a combination of the most rigorous crash tests that help to protect your child in frontal, side, rear & rollover crashes
- No-Rethread Simply Safe Adjust Harness System allows the headrest and harness to adjust together in one motion
- Choose the perfect headrest height from 10 positions to get the safest fit for your growing child
- 6-position recline keeps your child comfy and helps for a better installation
7. Safety 1st Grand Booster Car Seat
The Safety 1st Grand 2-in-1 booster Car Seat may be the last one you will ever need. It features extended use in both of its two modes. It starts by keeping kids securely in a 5-point safety harness in forward-facing mode all the way up to 65 pounds.
In its second mode, as a belt-positioning booster, it has them covered up to 120 pounds.The Grand 2-in-1 has also been tested for multiple types of crashes and exceeds federal safety standards. Its lightweight and easy to move from car to car, which is excellent for families who are always on the go.
It also easily fits 3 across in the back seat of most vehicles making it a smart choice for growing families with multiple kids in car seats.&Nbsp; and the seat comes with an adjustable head pillow to provide customizable support as they grow.
The Deluxe fabric gives kids a comfy ride with its textured nylon, smooth knit jersey and lamination that gives it a soft, plush feel. Its designed to provide excellent ergonomic support in the headrest, shoulders, back and seat of the pad The key pressure points for where your child’s weight rests.
With kids in the car, messes happen. But thanks to the easy-to-clean car seat pad, there’s no need to stress. The pad removes from the seat and is both machine washable and dryer safe, so a thorough wash is just a machine cycle away. And with two removable, dishwasher-safe cup holders, kids will have their very own place for drinks or small toys.
- Extended Use: forward-facing with harness, 30-65 pounds and Belt-positioning Booster, 40-120 pounds
- Designed to fit 3 ACROSS in most vehicles – Great for growing families and car pools
- Lightweight and easy to move from car to car
- Deluxe fabric gives kids a comfy ride
- Adjustable headrest allows for customizable support
8. Evenflo Maestro Booster Car Seat
The Evenﬂo Maestro Sport offers two modes of forward-facing use. Accommodating children 22-110 lbs., stage one has a 5-point harness for children at least 2 years old, and stage two allows you to use the vehicle belt as a high back booster for children at least 4 years old. The up-front harness adjustment is centralized, making it easy to properly tighten the harness.
As they grow, the shoulder belt guide assists in positioning the vehicle’s belt across your child’s shoulder to provide optimal safety. Children appreciate the dual integrated cup holders to keep their snacks and drinks secure. The removable, machine-washable seat pad allows for easy cleanup of any messes.
The Maestro Sport is designed, engineered, tested and assembled in the United States. Evenﬂo car seats have been tested above and beyond industry standards and undergo our rigorous side impact and dynamic rollover tests. Additionally, all car seats include live video installation support, giving you the tools and conﬁdence to securely and correctly install your car seat.
- 2 Modes – Converts to Booster: Forward-facing Harness to Belt-Positioning Booster supports children 22-110 lbs. 5-Point Harness with 50 lb. Limit: Holds child’s body safely and securely in car seat
- Up-Front Harness Adjust: Central, front access to harness adjuster provides an easy way to adjust child’s harness for an accurate, snug fit
- Removable Head Pillow: Plush head pillow provides comfort and support for proper head positioning- removable as baby grows, Buckle pockets: small storage pockets on the side of seat make buckles easy to find.
9. Cosco – Highback 2-in-1 Booster Car Seat
Get a car seat that lasts. The Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat takes your child through two different stages. It starts as a LATCH equipped, forward-facing harnessed car seat with a five-point harness that easily adjusts from the front.
When your child is ready, remove the harness and the seat can be used in belt-positioning mode up to 80 pounds. In both modes, it features a removable cup holder that’s there when you need it and easy to toss in the trunk when you don’t.
- The Cosco Highback Booster car seat takes your child from 22 lbs. to 80 lbs. with its two different modes. Use the 5-point harness for smaller children and convert it to a belt-positioning booster seat as they grow.
- The Highback Booster is LATCH equipped and features a 5-point harness that can be adjusted from the front. As the child grows, simply remove the harness to use it as a belt-positioning booster car seat.
- While in belt-positioning booster seat mode, the shoulder belt guides provide parents with two options for threading the vehicle seat belt to give children of different heights a better fit.
- Messes happen. When they do, you can easily remove the seat pad and clean it in a washing machine and dryer.
- The removable and dishwasher-safe cup holder allows for easy cleanup of spills.
10. Diono Radian 3R, 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
The original All-in-One convertible car seat designed to fit 3 across and with our famous steel core inside for optimum safety. Now rear facing for even longer up to 50 lb/ 22.7 kg and suitable from birth up to 120 lb/ 54 kg, expect 10 years of safety from just one car seat. Designed and engineered with complete rear facing protection,
Radian 3R will keep now your precious cargo rear facing for even longer up to 50 lb/ 22.7kg, approx. 4 years old. Built with a mechanically engineered, reinforced steel core, made from automotive grade high strength steel, the Radian 3R is always ready to shield and protect.
And when your family grows, the slim fit design will fit 3 across in most vehicles without compromising child safety or passenger comfort. As travel experts, Diono have naturally built in super portable features to the Radian 3R with original fold for easy transport and storage and steel reinforced cup holders to store essential road trip drinks and snacks. The Radian 3R is also aircraft certified FAA approved, so you can take safety with you wherever you go.
- This slimfit convertible car seat is designed and engineered to keep your child rear facing even longer up to 50 lb/ 22. 7 kg, approx. 4 years old
- Keep your child safe and comfortable with the high back booster seat mode now up to 120 lb, 54 kg. The high back booster adds an extra layer of protection and comfort for any child transitioning into booster mode.Shell and Components: Spot clean
- With 4 ways to travel safely from birth to booster, the Radian 3R adapts as your child grows to offer a custom adjustable fit from birth to 120 lbs
- Mechanically engineered, reinforced steel core, made from automotive grade high density plastic and steel to create the ultimate protection for your child
- Built with our famous radian slim fit convertible design, to fit 3 across in most vehicles without compromising child or passenger comfort. Feel safe having your children secure in the backseat