Cleaning out your car can be a huge pain if you try to use a regular shop vac or the same vacuum that you would for your home cleaning. Most vacuums aren’t designed to fit into the cramped interiors of modern cars.
Instead of struggling with a regular vacuum, you would get better results from using one of the best handheld car vacuums. Excellent handheld car vacuums are small enough that they can reach deep into your vehicle and clean out their interiors without much effort. They’re just as useful as regular vacuums, just smaller and light enough to carry with one hand.
Top 5 Best Handheld Car Vacuum: Editor Pick’s
|1||Portable Car Vacuum Cleaner: High Power Corded Handheld...||130,719 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|2||BISSELL AeroSlim Lithium Ion Cordless Handheld Vacuum, 29869||7,026 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|3||VacLife Handheld Vacuum, Lithium Ion Cordless Hand Vacuum,...||14,073 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|4||BLACK+DECKER dustbuster Handheld Vacuum, Cordless, 16V...||49,451 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|5||BISSELL AutoMate Lithium Ion Cordless Handheld car Vacuum,...||Buy on Amazon|
But how do you know which handheld car vacuums are worth your time and money? No need to spend hours researching. We’ve put this guide featuring the best handheld car vacuums online together just for you. Let’s get started with our handheld car vacuum reviews before moving on to a buying guide.
Best Car Vacuum Consumer Reports Reviews:
1. Black+Decker Dustbuster CHV1410L Handheld Vacuum
- Lithium Ion for long battery life and outstanding performance; Always ready...
- Long life, Lightweight, and no memory effect.Suction Power 15.2 AW; Dustbowl...
- Smart Charge Technology uses upto 50 percent less energy,air Watts: 15.2 Watts,...
- Cyclonic action helps to keep the filter clean and power strong, translucent...
The Black+Decker Dustbuster CHV1410L vacuum is built to combine agility, ease-of-use, and sucking power all at the same time. It has a lithium-ion battery that can hold a charge for up to 18 months before losing capacity. The battery delivers suction power measured at 15.2 air watts. When it comes time to recharge, you can simply slot it into a fast-charging base that refills the battery within four hours. This lets you use the vacuum in a cordless fashion during your actual cleanup routine rather than being attached to a cord the whole time.
Even with its small size, the vacuum has a dustbowl 20.6 ounces deep. That’s plenty of space for most car messes or spills. The bowl is also easily washable to maintain high performance and keep the viewing window clear. You can open it and dispense of collected dirt and debris with the press of a button.
The vacuum uses cyclonic spinning action to keep the filter cleaner for longer, as it prevents dirt and debris from attaching to the filter too quickly. The vacuum also has a rotating nozzle that can spin up to 180 degrees around. It also sports an extendable crevice tool and a flip-up brush. You’ll be able to tackle any cleaning operation in your car with ease so long as you’ve got this vacuum to back you up.
- Easy to clean the dustbowl
- Comes with charging base
- The nozzle has multiple tools
- Cyclonic action spins dust and debris away from the filter
- The motor delivers 15.2 air watts of power
2. HOTOR Corded Car Vacuum Cleaner
- ✔Why HOTOR: Fast and easy cleaning in a corded handheld car vacuum with...
- ✔Remarkable LED Light: Mini vacuum cleaner with a super bright LED light,...
- ✔Double Filtration: The filter of this vacuum for car is covered with a filter...
- ✔Innovative Design: The detachable dustcup head is good for quick and easy...
The HOTOR Corded Car Vacuum Cleaner makes it easy to suck up any dirt or debris in your vehicle with its efficient, 12 V motor. It features a bright LED light that you can use to spot any dirt or other messes in the nooks and crannies of your vehicle. This light is really useful for cleaning your car while in a dimly lit garage.
The vacuum uses an upgraded HEPA-style filter made of stainless steel. This means that the filter is washable and extremely durable, as well as corrosion resistant. You’re also guaranteed to get a free replacement filter for life whenever your current filter stops working.
Other notable features include a detachable dust cup that makes it easy to dispose of trash and dirt once the cup is full. Three swappable nozzles are used for different completing tasks. The nozzles are sized differently to let you fit the vacuum into smaller or larger spaces without difficulty. These come with additional cleaning brushes and a carrying bag that you can use to keep all of the accessories in a single, organized spot.
Even though it’s corded, using this vacuum isn’t difficult. You can plug the vacuum into a cigarette lighter slot, and the cord is 16.4 feet long. The vacuum gives you plenty of space to maneuver without risking entangling yourself on the cord in the midst of your cleaning.
- Long cord
- An excellent, high-power motor
- High-power LED light to illuminate dirt
- Swappable nozzles
- Comes with a stainless steel HEPA filter
- Removable dust cup
3. Dyson V7 Trigger Cord-Free Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- Capacity (volume) - .15 gallon; Cord free; Hassle free; No cord to unravel, plug...
- Tools included: Mini motorized tool, combination tool, crevice tool
- Powered by Dyson digital motor V7; The most powerful handheld vacuum; Up to 30...
- Hygienic dirt ejector; Hygienically drive out trapped dust and debris in single...
This vacuum is a cordless tool, making it easy to use even in the cramped spaces of most cars. You won’t have any difficulty fitting this vacuum into the tight spaces beneath and between your car’s seats, especially since it features three separate tools and nozzle heads to get cleaning jobs done.
There’s a mini motorized tool, which is perfect for collecting pet hair or dirt ground into the seats of your vehicle. Next is the combination tool, which can provide a gentle dusting to finer cloth surfaces. Finally, there’s the crevice tool that extends the reach of the vacuum to get between seats and clean out any crevices effectively.
With a full battery, this Dyson V7 has enough power to provide 30 minutes of fade-free suction. Fifteen cyclonic spinners can capture dust and microscopic particles smaller than you ever imagined. The resulting clean across your car’s interior will make everything seem fresh and new.
The vacuum also features a hygienic dirt projector. You can dispose of any collected debris by driving it out of the container without needing to get the stuff on your fingers. It’s great for those of us who don’t like getting too dirty when we clean.
That’s not all. The Dyson V7 is lightweight and powered via a trigger that only requires a slight amount of pressure to begin the vacuuming process. It’s never been easier to deliver a deep clean to the interior of your car with a handheld vacuum.
- Features tools for any cleaning need
- Can dispose of dirt without needing you to touch it
- Lightweight and easy to use the trigger
- Delivers good suction power for 30 minutes
- Uses seven cyclones to suck up dirt and debris
4. Bissel Pet Hair Eraser Cordless Hand and Car Vacuum 1782
- BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser hand vacuum is cordless, to clean wherever your pet goes
- Motorized foot provides powerful suction for a deeper clean. Power Rating : 14.4...
- Crevice tool helps clean hard-to-reach areas and tight spaces. Telescoping...
- Upholstery tool cleans soft surfaces and furniture with felt by attracting more...
This handheld car vacuum is perfect for those of us with furry pets who tend to coat the interiors of our cars with their shed hair! It’s entirely cordless, so it’s easy to take with you on a trip to the vet or the park, as you don’t need to worry about handling the cable. An included 14.4 V motor provides a deep enough clean to dredge up even the toughest hair remnants from your pet.
The vacuum also features a crevice tool to help you reach in between your seats and a telescoping extension one. This stretches the reach of the vacuum further than most other competing devices. The included upholstery tool is perfect for vacuuming of hair from more sensitive car seats that are sensitive to tugging. But the main head is the motorized brush that systematically pulls up pet hair and deeply embedded dirt to leave your car’s seats looking fresher than when you first bought the vehicle.
Whichever tool you use, the vacuum relies on a dual-action filtration system that ensures that your filters will last for longer, and no dirt or hair will escape the suction of the device. The dirt bin can be easily emptied by pushing a single button and holding the vacuum over a trash bin. The vacuum also only weighs 3.1 pounds, so it’s easy to maneuver one-handed.
- Features three heads for versatile uses
- Dual-action filtration system
- 7 L dust cup
- Cordless and lightweight
- Has telescoping extension wand
5. Dirt Devil Scorpion Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
This corded hand vacuum features a 16-foot-long power cord that gives you all the freedom and durability you need to clean the interior of your car without worrying about getting tangled. The vacuum as a whole only weighs about three pounds, so it’s easy to handle in tight spaces or with one hand.
It features a removable, washable filter that’s easy to take out of the vacuum and wash in your kitchen sink. This extends the filter’s lifespan and means that you don’t need to purchase additional filters nearly as often when compared to other handheld vacuums. The filter does an excellent job of keeping pet hair and dirt from escaping into the environment as you suck it out of your car.
The vacuum has a main suction nozzle by default, in addition to a quick-flip crevice tool that you can use to dig into the nooks and crannies of your vehicle and give it a thorough cleaning. There’s also a 2.5-foot extension hose. This can easily be slotted onto the front of the vacuum and let you reach any other distant areas and clean them just as easily as closer spots.
All of the nozzles and the 0.45 L dirt cup are easy to remove and slot back into place. All in all, this is an excellent corded vacuum that’s easy to use despite not being cordless.
- Features easy-to-attach crevice tool and hose
- Long power cord for easy maneuvering
- 7 Amp motor delivers good suction power
- Dirt cup is easy to empty
- Only weighs 3 pounds
6. Bissel Cleanview Deluxe Corded Handheld
- Dirt cup capacity - 0.78 liters. A powerful and convenient way to clean your...
- Flexible rubber nozzle great for removing dirt and hair on upholstery, stairs,...
- Specialty cleaning attachments—includes hose, crevice tool, and wide mouth...
- Clean farther with the 18-ft. power cord
This corded handheld vacuum cleaner features a unique handle with an ergonomic grip. This makes the vacuum easier to hold and maneuver in the tight confines of a standard car interior. It’s lightweight and features a four-amp motor that is powerful enough to suck up any dirt and debris without making the vacuum too heavy to handle.
The power switch is located right at the end of the curved handle. The vacuum uses a multilevel filtration system to prevent allergens and dust particles from flying into the air, causing discomfort in the interior of your car.
Five different nozzles accompany the vacuum. The first of these is a rubber contoured nozzle for most day-to-day vacuuming. Then there’s a hose adapter nozzle. It lets you extend the reach of the vacuum and attach it to most vacuum hoses you might have from a previous vacuum. Next is a 2-foot hose that you can use with the previous nozzle. Also included is a wide mouth tool for vacuuming larger areas or seats in a short amount of time and a crevice tool for getting the hard-to-reach areas where dirt tends to collect.
The vacuum uses a large dust bin with a wide window to let you know when it’s time to empty the container. You can empty the bin of dust without it touching your fingers, too. The vacuum comes with an 18-foot power cord that is among the longest you’ll find for any handheld vacuum device.
- 18-foot-long core
- Five different nozzle heads for various purposes
- 4-amp motor
- Ergonomic handle
- Large dust bin that is easy to empty
7. Shark Wandvac Handheld Vacuum
- Dust cup capacity 0.08 quarts; Unbelievable suction delivered by a high speed,...
- Ultra lightweight and balanced hand vacuum at just 1.4 pounds for...
- Tapered nozzle for easy pickup of large debris and fine dust
- Zero in on tight spaces and car cleaning with the duster crevice tool and use...
This handheld vacuum is a uniquely shaped tool that nonetheless delivers incredible suction power. You can vacuum all of the corners and inner reaches of your vehicle without having to strain at all. A high-efficiency, brushless motor that doesn’t take up a lot of size or weight powers the vacuum, delivering a fantastic performance. It’s ultra-lightweight and superbly balanced, weighing just 1.4 pounds and featuring an ergonomic handle with an extended body and nozzle. The nozzle has a tapered shape so they can easily pick up large and small dirt and debris alike.
The vacuum also comes with a dust or crevice tool and a multi-surface tool. The former tool is perfect for vacuuming in the corners and crevices of your car, while the latter is ideal for sucking up hair and vacuuming the tops of car seats.
The vacuum is cordless and charged with a quick access dock that you can mount anywhere that is convenient. With a recharge time of just 2 ½ hours, you won’t ever need to wait too long between vacuuming sessions if you run out of battery in the middle of cleaning. Further features include a dust-emptying button that lets you empty the vacuum without having to get your hands dirty and an advanced filtration system that captures dust without letting any of it escape into the surrounding air.
- Comes with a lithium-ion battery
- Has long, narrow body reaching deep into your car
- Weighs just 1.4 pounds
- Features easy-dispense dustbin button
- Comes with a crevice tool and multi-surface tool
- Powered by a brushless motor
8. Metro Vacuum CM6SB500 Professional 120V High-Performance Hand
- All steel construction
- 500 watts of power (110 volts at 4.5 amps) 60" of water lift, weighs 2.7 lbs
- Includes upholstery tool, power unit, crevice tool, dust brush, upholstery...
- Five year motor warrantee
This professional handheld vacuum comes silver-colored by default and is made almost entirely of steel. This ensures that the vacuum will last for a long time to come and can withstand significant wear and tear before showing signs of failure.
It only weighs 2.7 pounds but can still deliver 500 W of power thanks to its 4.5-amp motor. It’s powerful enough to clean up dirt and debris and liquid spills, alike. The vacuum also comes with an upholstery tool, a crevice tool, a dust brush, upholstery nozzle, and a flexible hose and shoulder strap. All of these tools allow the vacuum to reach virtually anywhere in your car. You can use each dedicated nozzle easily depending on which surface you want to vacuum.
The flexible hose is of particular use since it reaches up to 20 inches away from the main vacuum. This gives you plenty of maneuvering room even though this vacuum is corded.
The vacuum’s shoulder strap is great for keeping things comfortable while you suck up dirt above your head or in hard-to-reach places. With a long, straight handle, keeping the vacuum level and stable as you suck up dirt is fairly easy to accomplish, though it’s not the most comfortable for the hand.
Finally, this vacuum also comes with a pair of disposable dust bags. You won’t run the risk of spilling collected dirt and debris back into the car or air.
- Features lots of additional nozzle heads
- Comes with 20-inch flexible hose
- Made almost entirely of steel
- Only weighs 2.7 pounds
- Comes with two disposal bags for dirt
- High-efficiency 4.5-amp motor
9. Makita Xlc02R1B 18V Compact Cordless Vacuum Kit
- Up to 15 minutes of continuous use from a single, fully charged 18V compact...
- Redesigned floor nozzle for improved maneuverability and debris collection
- Strong suction power for fast and efficient cleaning. Powerful motor delivers up...
- Bangles' 2 stage cloth filtration system allows for easier cleaning and quicker...
This cordless handheld vacuum kit uses a 2.0Ah lithium-ion battery that can deliver 18 V of power to the motor. This enables the vacuum to run for 15 minutes continuously before needing a recharge. An included LED battery charge level indicator near the top of the vacuum will alert you when it’s time to plug it into the charging port.
The vacuum features a redesigned nozzle that is perfect for maneuvering throughout your car and for vacuuming the wider areas atop seats or in the spots where people place their feet. The nozzle can be extended with an extra attachment or narrowed with an included crevice nozzle. This lets you reach the nooks and crannies of your vehicle.
It utilizes a two-stage bag-less cloth filtration system to prevent dirt from mixing with the air. Disposing of the debris is quick and easy once your vacuuming is complete.
The motor has plenty of strong suction power so you can efficiently clean your car within a single charge of the battery. Even with the motor’s power, handling the vacuum doesn’t take much effort thanks to the ergonomic soft-grip handle and the low vacuum weight of 2.7 lbs.
- Features a quick-charging lithium-ion battery
- Has an ergonomic, soft-grip handle
- Uses a bagless filtration system
- Has both a crevice tool and an extension attachment
- Has a battery level indicator
10. Dyson Ball Animal 2 Total Clean Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Strongest suction of any vacuum. Suction tested to ASTM F558 at the cleaner...
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and...
- Engineered for homes with pets: With features and tools that dig out dirt, hair...
- Self-Adjusting Cleaner Head: Seals in suction and drives deep into carpet fibers...
Although it’s pricy, the Dyson Ball Animal 2 Total Clean vacuum cleaner is an ideal choice for cleaning your car and home alike. It’s not a handheld vacuum by design but features a detachable hose that allows you to bring the vacuum’s suction power into the crap space of your automobile.
The cleaner head is self-adjusting and can suck in dirt and debris deep in the fibers of your car’s seats or ground. It’s just as capable of getting surface level sand and dirt as it is grabbing animal hair that’s ground into your seat fibers.
You can also make use of six extra tools, like an articulating hard for tool, a carbon fiber soft dusting brush for the plastic parts of your car, a combi tool, and a tangle-free turbine to eliminate even tougher snarls of animal hair. The motor is super powerful and capable of working with any of the above heads. It uses radial root cyclone technology to gather and store dirt efficiently without using a motor that is too loud for comfort.
The vacuum uses whole-machine HEPA filtration to ensure that any dust or bacteria kicked up by your vacuuming remains inside the machine rather than getting into your body. The vacuum’s cord reaches 35 feet in length, meaning you shouldn’t have any difficulty plugging this vacuum into the nearest outlet and reaching your car.
- Features HEPA filtering to reduce bacteria contamination
- 35-foot-long cord
- Comes with six extra tools and a carrying bag for organization
- The self-adjusting head makes switching tools easy
- The strong motor works on any surface
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
11. MEG Handheld Car Vacuum Cordless
- [ Strong Suction Deep Cleaning ] powerful Suction Power 4200-5800pa aluminum fan...
- [ Cordless, Light Weight Portable ] and easy to use (1.7 pounds ). Your life...
- [ Wet&dry Hand Held Vacuum Cleaner ] , 106W Lithium Battery, with one strong...
- [ Multifunctional Design ] High performance Lithium battery with 2600mah...
This multifunctional handheld car cleaner uses an aluminum fan on its interior to prevent the vacuum from overheating and suffering from wear and tear. Although it doesn’t feature any additional nozzles, the single tapered nozzle used by default has enough flexibility to work with narrow spaces and wider sections of car seats alike.
The vacuum is incredibly lightweight and features an ergonomic, curved handle that’s easy to twist and turn to reach all the narrow spots inside your vehicle. It has a transparent dust compartment, so you’ll always know when it’s time to empty out your collected debris. There’s an easy empty button, so you don’t get your hands dirty.
It features a washable filter that will last for a lot longer than disposable ones and keep working for many months to come. There’s also a car charger and wall adapter included in the purchase, so you never run out of battery as long as you remember to plug it in before vacuuming. It only takes 2.5 hours to charge from an empty battery and will work for about 25 minutes without stopping. That’s plenty of time for cars of most sizes.
Finally, the vacuum comes with a fabric carrying bag to keep the vacuum and its accessories organized together. It’s one of the best cordless handheld car vacuums in terms of value for money.
- Lightweight and ergonomic handle
- 5 L transparent dust bin
- Both the car charger and wall charger included
- Comes with carrying bag
- Runs for 25 minutes before needing to recharge
12. ThixWorx Car Vacuum Cleaner High Power
- THE ULTIMATE HIGH POWER! We achieved a new high standard in car cleaning with...
- WHEN FUNCTIONAL MEETS DESIGN! Created with a “smart” flat bottom body, our...
- NO MESS IS TOO BIG FOR ThisWorx! Our wet & dry mini vacuum does magic against...
- A CLEANING SET MADE FOR RIDE SHARING! Any driver will simply love this hand...
Those looking for a vacuum that can pack a lot of power into a tiny tool should check this vacuum out. It features a 12 V motor that can plug into the lighter port of any car. This component is one of the best car vacuum cigarette lighters we’ve found across all vacuums.
While this is not a corded vacuum, its cord extends up to 16 feet long, so there’s no chance of you running out of room to clean where you need to go.
The vacuum also features a built-in LED light to illuminate any dirt or debris that might blend in with your car. It has an ergonomically designed handle and a flat nozzle that makes it easy to slide the vacuum across the floorboards of your car or the bottoms of your seats. The nozzle is optimized to suck up both dry and wet debris without an issue.
It also features three accessory nozzles that are perfect for getting into the crevices of your car or for vacuuming up flatter areas more quickly. An extendable hose and two brushes are included to widen your cleaning capabilities even further. Finally, the transparent dust bin is bolstered by a washable HEPA filter that can prevent bacteria or dirt from filtering into your environment as you clean your car. You can even put anything into the included carrying case for easy storage.
There’s no doubt that this is a versatile, affordable option for those looking for the best portable car vacuum.
- Comes with carrying case
- Has several accessory nozzles
- Has 16-foot-long cord that fits into the cigarette lighter
- Features an ergonomic handle and smart nozzle shape
- Contains HEPA filter that to be washed for reuse
13. Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- Up to 60 minutes run time when using a non-motorized tool. Cyclone technology:...
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and...
- Lightweight and versatile, to clean right through the home. Instant-release...
- Up to 40 minutes of fade-free power with the soft Roller cleaner head (in...
The Dyson Cyclone V10 starts off as a standup vacuum but can quickly be collapsed and held with a single hand by pushing the main tube in toward the handle. This flexibility allows it to double as a household vacuum cleaner, so it’s one of the most versatile machines you’ll find for frequent cleaning.
This vacuum cleaner can run for longer than any other cordless vacuum, offering a 60-minute run time before it needs to recharge. If you attach the included soft roller cleaner head, it’ll still run for 40 minutes without needing to recharge despite the added power draw.
The vacuum also comes with a torque drive cleaner head that offers superior suction power. It’s perfect for getting rid of pet hair, or other dirt rubbed into your car seats and floors. It drives stiff bristles into the fibers of your car, ensuring a thorough cleaning.
The vacuum uses whole machine filtration to prevent dirt from contaminating your ambient environment and sucks up that dirt with 14 concentric cyclones. It’s one of the most high-powered handheld vacuums you’ll find on the market.
Combine all of these aspects with a motor that runs smoothly and quietly, and you’ll understand its high asking price. Still, we think this is worthwhile for those who want only the best vacuum for their car.
- Uses 14 cyclones to suck up dirt and debris
- Can extend or collapse into a stick or handheld vacuum, respectively
- Features several attachable heads for different surfaces
- Features whole-vacuum filtration
- Runs for a long time on a single battery charge
14. Eureka NEC222 HyperClean Cordless Vacuum
- 220W Powerful Suction: Powered by the latest digital motor technology, the...
- 30 Minutes Long Lasting Runtime: Enjoy up to 30 minutes of fade-free runtime in...
- Grab & Go: The cordless design makes the Hyper Clean, easy to use and perfect...
- Lightweight: At only 6.5 pounds, you can easily use this stick vacuum throughout...
This handheld vacuum runs on a 32 V lithium-ion battery that allows the machine to run for 45 minutes before needing to recharge. It also features a smart control dial that you can use to fine-tune your cleaning experience. An included boost mode can be activated whenever you like to increase its suction power and get rid of particularly stubborn dirt or debris.
Like the last Dyson, this vacuum works as either a handheld or stick vacuum for both your home and your car alike. The vacuum uses proprietary Direct Helix Technology to ensure optimal performance no matter which orientation the vacuum is in. This way, the motor works perfectly regardless of how far away the nozzle is from the base.
Once in the handheld configuration, you can attach the extendable cleaning wand to reach into the harder-to-see areas of your vehicle and make sure you thoroughly clean the crevices of your car. It also comes with a dusting brush so you can effectively vacuum the harder surfaces of your car without scratching the plastic material.
All in all, this is one of the best car vacuum cleaners and a great counter option to the Dyson. It’s great if you’d like a vacuum with similar performance but a cheaper price tag.
- Can be used as a stick or handheld vacuum
- Features controls to fine-tune its performance
- Comes with crevice extendable wand and brush head
- The battery lasts for 45 minutes
- Has a boost mode to increase suction temporarily
15. Liberrway Car Vacuum Cleaner
- ★ (2 YEARS WARRANTY) POWERFUL SUCTION - 5.0Kpa suction, 1.5X other vacuum...
- ★ CONVENIENT TO USE - comes with 3 accessories to clean your car. The Brush is...
- ★ WET DRY FUNCTION - not only can vacuum dry garbage ,but also can vacuum...
- ★ WASHABLE & DURABLE HEPA FILTER - reusable and One-Step Empty, just wash it...
This handheld car vacuum cleaner offers one of the most powerful suction metrics you can find: 5.0 Kpa. It’s perfect for getting rid of pet hair, heavy dust, and even wet debris with equal efficiency. It comes with three separate accessories to help you clean your car no matter what its shape or orientation.
There’s a brush that is perfect for cleaning both the carpet and the harder plastic surfaces of your car. There’s also a standard nozzle that is slim and perfect for reaching into the crevices of your vehicle. Finally, there’s an included extension hose that you can use to expand the reach of the vacuum cleaner wherever you need to go.
The hose combines with a 14-foot power cord to ensure that you’ll never need to struggle against the limitations of this corded vacuum cleaner. The vacuum runs with a cigarette lighter plug, so it’ll always be close to any dirt in your car, anyway. Furthermore, the vacuum benefits from a reusable HEPA filter. It’s perfect for keeping dirt and debris contained inside the vacuum while being easily washable at the same time.
- Comes with cigarette lighter plug
- Has a 14-foot power cable
- Comes with three attachable nozzles
- Easy-empty dust bin with a single button
- Comes with a washable HEPA filter
16. Armor All AA12V1 0901 Car Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum
- 12V Auto AC Plug
- 15 Ft. Power Cord
- Wet/Dry Pick Up
- Built in LED Light
This handheld corded vacuum as a power cord that reaches up to 15 feet long and which plugs right into the cigarette lighter of your vehicle. The core powers of 12 V motor that offers enough suction power to handle wet and dry debris with equal ease.
It has an LED light integrated into the nozzle, meaning you’ll be able to find any dirt or debris that blends in with a dark surface. The vacuum also comes with an attachable and extendable crevice tool. So, you can expand the reach of the vacuum even further than you might have initially thought.
This vacuum furthermore comes with a brush attachment, a squeegee for getting rid of difficult stains or sticky spots on carpet, and a storage bag to keep all of the vacuum accessories together in one location. Overall, this is one of the best handheld car vacuum cleaners that has everything you need to handle most messes or spills.
- Comes with storage bag
- Comes with squeegee and several swappable nozzles
- Powerful 12 V motor
- 15-foot power cord
- Has a built-in LED light
- Easy-disposal dust bin
17. Lolldeal Car Vacuum Cleaner
- ★POWERFUL& PORTABLE CAR VACUUM: 12-volt 75W 3200PA suction, super mini...
- ★CONVENIENT& LONG CORD: The power cord of this handheld auto vacuum cleanner...
- ★WASHABLE& REMOVABLE HEPA FILTER: This filter can be taken out of and can be...
- ★MULTIFUNCTION& SAFE CAR VAC: LOLLDEAL hand-held vacuum is an ideal tool to...
This corded handheld vacuum cleaner has a conveniently long cord that reaches up to 14.8 feet in total. The court is durable and protected with a thick plastic sheath to ensure that the vacuum’s power supply is never compromised.
The vacuum has a pivoting nozzle that is already slim by design. It’s easy to run this across the flat or curved surfaces inside your car and achieve excellent suction results. But you can also attach an extendable crevice tool or an additional brush tool depending on your vacuuming needs. You can use the former tool to reach any nooks and crannies inside your car and the latter tool to clean any harder surfaces that you don’t want to scratch.
The vacuum operates with a 10-amp fuse plug that goes right into the cigarette lighter of your car. It features a reusable HEPA filter that’s perfect for keeping bacteria and debris out of the air and which lasts for a long time so long as you clean it after each use.
The dust bin isn’t very high in terms of capacity, but it’s easy to empty by holding the release button near the middle of the vacuum. You won’t have to get your fingers dirty as you dispose of the dirt you’ve collected. Finally, you can put the vacuum or any accessories in the zippered bag that comes with your purchase.
- Comes with accessories and a bag to store them in
- Features a pivoting nozzle that makes vacuuming deep-ground dirt easy
- Has a 14.5-foot-long cord
- Features a washable HEPA filter
- Has a crevice tool and brush tool
18. VonHaus 2-in-1 Stick and Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- HEPA Filter – advanced filter system can lock in small particles that other...
This is a vacuum cleaner that can transition between a stick or handheld configuration with just a few seconds of pushing or pulling the handle. Whichever configuration you prefer, the vacuum delivers 130 air watts of suction power, making it one of the most powerful handheld vacuums on the market.
It has a 19.5-foot power cord and several attachment tools, including a shoulder strap and a hose adapter. These latter two tools can help you reach even more difficult places inside your car that aren’t normally easy to vacuum.
Whenever it sucks up dirt, the vacuum uses an advanced filtration system to lock-in bacteria and smaller dirt particles to prevent them from recirculating in your home. The 1.3 L dust tank has plenty of space to store lots of dirt before you need to empty it. Once it’s time, the dust tank is completely detachable from the vacuum for easy dust disposal.
This is a great vacuum for those who appreciate tools that can clean the interior of their home and car at the same time, but it doesn’t cost as much money as a Dyson.
- Can be used as a stick or handheld vacuum
- Has a removable 1.3 L dustbin
- Features several attachments and an extendable hose
- Has a 19.5-foot power cord
- Uses an advanced filtration system
19. Gtech Multi High-Power Cordless Handheld Vacuum
- Up to 30 minutes of run time in between charges.
- Versatile and light weight, only 3.5 lbs.
- Cordless 22V motor powered by professional grade Li-ion battery.
- LED power gauge so you know when to charge.
This handheld vacuum features an ergonomic handle that makes it easy to wield in the cramped spaces inside a car. It can run on a lithium-ion battery for 30 minutes before it needs recharging. It also has an LED power gauge that lets you know when the battery is starting to get low on power. The motor runs on 22 V, providing enough juice to suck up even heavier debris or mud.
The vacuum is lightweight and only weighs 3.5 pounds. It comes with several onboard attachments that let you perform up to 12 cleaning operations with the same tool. These tools include an extendable crevice tool for reaching hard-to-get areas, a brush that is ideal for cleaning carpet or for digging pet hair out of your seat, and a hard bristle head that is perfect for rubbing out stains or heavily smeared dirt.
The vacuum also has an easy to detach dustbin that is transparent to let you keep an eye on how much dirt you’ve collected. You can slide it out as soon as it’s full, rinse the filter, and dispose of the dirt without any bacteria touching your finger.
All in all, this high-power handheld vacuum is ideal for those in need of a tough tool that can suck up lots of heavy debris frequently.
- Comes with 22 V motor
- Features several extra nozzle attachments
- The dustbin is transparent and easy to remove
- Only weighs 3.5 pounds
- The battery has an LED indicator and runs for 30 minutes
20. Hoover ONEPWR Cordless Hand Held Vacuum Cleaner
- POWERFUL SUCTION: Perfect for quick pickups
- CORDLESS: Delivers cord-free convenience powered by the removable and...
- COMPACT DESIGN: Easy to use and to store
- ON-BOARD CREVICE TOOL: Tackles dirt in hard-to-reach areas
This handheld vacuum cleans your car with a reusable, easy to rinse filter that can be cleaned by simply holding it beneath the running water from your sink. The filter will last for a long time and is simple to swap in and out of the vacuum.
It’s easy to handle, too, as it weighs less than 4 pounds and features an ergonomic handle that you can easily wield in the cramped compartments of a car.
The vacuum comes with a powered turbo tool to attach to its end; this allows it to suck up pet hair and dirt rubbed into the fibers of your car seats. It also comes with a crevice tool that you can use to get into the nooks and crannies of your car without too much trouble.
It’s all powered with a fade-free battery that doesn’t diminish in power capacity for the entire duration of its lifespan. In addition, if you have any other vacuum cleaners from this same company, you can switch batteries between the vacuums without any issues.
- Easy to hold thanks to the ergonomic handle and light weight
- Features turbo tool for pet hair
- Has a crevice tool for tight spaces
- Reusable, easy to rinse filter
- Interchangeable 20 V lithium-ion battery
Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Select Handheld Car Vacuum:
Let’s go over some of the major features you should look out for as you search for the best handheld car vacuum for your needs.
Every vacuum uses a filter of some kind to keep bacteria and dust particles from expanding in the air as you suck them up. But not all vacuums are made to the same quality. The best handheld car vacuums will feature HEPA filters. HEPA stands for high-efficiency particulate air. These filters force air through a fine mesh layer that traps harmful and allergy-causing particles like dust mites, pollen, and pet dander.
Handheld car vacuums that use HEPA filtration will be safer for your lungs and be better when it comes to keeping your car or home clean in the long term. If you’re susceptible to allergies of any kind, we’d recommend that you only consider handheld car vacuums that include HEPA filters.
Corded vs. Cordless
Next, you want to consider whether a corded or cordless vacuum will be better for your needs. Cordless vacuums are a lot easier to maneuver, and you never have to worry about running out of length in your power cable. But they also have limited runtimes that can range anywhere between 20 minutes and one hour. After their batteries run out, you’ll need to plug the vacuums in to recharge the battery.
Corded vacuums never run out of power, and most of them have fairly long power cables. The length of these cables can negate the downside of corded tools to some degree. But you do have to keep in mind the need for a power outlet whenever you use one of these vacuums. It’s a lot easier to vacuum your car in your garage if you have a corded vacuum, for instance.
The power rating of any given vacuum is described with several metrics. Some of them will display their power in terms of air watts. Others might describe the power of their motor in bowls or amps. Whichever way the manufacturer explains the vacuum’s power rating, remember that higher always equals better.
With handheld vacuums, you want the highest power tool at your disposal. Most handheld vacuums won’t be as powerful as traditional stick vacuums since they have to fit a smaller motor into a smaller-sized casing.
But a more powerful motor will allow you to clean up heavy debris and dirt more consistently. More powerful motors also translate to faster cleaning. If your choice is between two similar vacuums with differing power ratings, go with the one that offers more power. You won’t regret it.
Don’t forget to consider the dustbin capacity of your chosen handheld car vacuum. Higher dustbin capacities allow you to store more dirt and debris before you have to turn the vacuum off and empty the canister into your trash. Having to stop every few minutes and empty the dustbin can slow you down and turn a 10-minute vacuuming job into a longer affair.
The best handheld car vacuum dustbins will be around half a liter or more in size. You should also try to find a dustbin that have an easy release switch. These allow you to dump out the dust and debris without having to get your fingers dirty.
Finally, be sure to consider how many accessories for additional nozzles a vacuum comes with. Extra nozzles allow you to clean certain areas of your car more efficiently. Specifically, try to find brush heads and crevice tools. These two types of nozzles are among the most common and most helpful for standard car cleaning.
You should also try to find vacuums that have extendable hoses to reach even further into your car. This is particularly important for corded vacuums. A long extendable hose can effectively extend your operational range even if the length of your cord limits you.
How to Use a Car Vacuum Cleaner
Using a car vacuum cleaner is easy! First, remember to remove any floor pads or junk from your vehicle so that your seats and floors are as fair as possible.
Next, make sure that your vacuum cleaner’s battery is charged or plugged in and make sure that the filter is clean or fresh, depending on which type you have. Now you can turn on your vacuum and start to suck up all the dirt and debris you can find.
It’s a good idea to start high with the seats of your car, then move lower to the floors. Vacuuming the seats and the walls of your car can often make dirt fall to the ground. You can then vacuum this dirt up when you reach the ground.
Try to move your vacuum’s nozzle in an orderly pattern to make sure you don’t miss any specific spot of your car. Feel free to switch up any accessory heads that you might have and use those for better results. Certain tools will be better for pet hair or the plastic console of your car, for instance.
How to Clean a Car Vacuum Cleaner
After you’ve finished, remember to clean your filter and dustbin, cleaning out the interior of the bin at the same time. Maintaining the quality of your handheld vacuum will extend its lifespan.
Cleaning your filter is usually accomplished by holding the filter underneath the running water from your sink. The water should flow between the various folds of your filter. Feel free to use your finger or a toothbrush to get out any smeared dirt or harder chunks.
Once the filter is visibly clean, allow it to air dry on a towel in your kitchen before placing it back into your vacuum. If you don’t have a reusable filter, simply place a new filter into your handheld vacuum after you have disposed of the old filter in the trash.
Cleaning your dustbin is as easy as dumping out any dirt or debris contained within and using regular soap and water with a sponge on the interior. You should also let this air dry with a reusable filter before installing it back into your handheld vacuum.
FAQ’s : Frequently Ask Question About Handheld Vacuum
What is the Best Car Vacuum?
The best handheld car vacuum for you may not be the same for another person. In general, a great car vacuum will have all of the accessories and conveniences you need to clean your car in 20 minutes or less.
We think that the best car vacuums are cordless rather than corded, as you can always pre-charge the vacuum, so it’s ready to go when it’s time to clean. The best car vacuums also have several attachment heads so you can clean any kind of surface inside your car.
They’ll also have powerful motors that don’t struggle to lift up most dirt or debris. Finally, the best car vacuums usually have reusable HEPA filters to ensure that no allergens enter the air. These are the best filters on the market.
Are Car Vacuums Useful?
Handheld car vacuums can be incredibly useful if you use them consistently. While they don’t have the power to cleanse that you haven’t vacuumed in years, they’re perfect tools for weekly or biweekly cleaning of your automobile. They’re light, easy to use, and usually have enough power to suck up any dirt from daily activities.
They’re best used to maintain a clean car rather than create one from scratch.
Can I use Car Vacuums at Home?
Of course! Some of the best handheld car vacuums can transform into a stick version, making them ideal for vacuuming the floors or walls of your home. Even if they can’t transform, excellent car vacuums are light and mobile enough that they are often ideal choices for vacuuming smaller rooms in your home. They can vacuum hard-to-reach places.
Many nooks and crannies in your home are too small for a traditional vacuum to reach effectively. But handheld car vacuums are small enough that these places shouldn’t give them any trouble. Finally, handheld car vacuums can be ideal for vacuuming upper floors or elevated areas in your home.
How Much Does It Cost to Vacuum a Car?
If you don’t have a vacuum you can use on the interior of your car, you’ll likely have to pay someone else to vacuum it or rent a high-powered vacuum at a gas station. You can normally get your car vacuums as part of a regular washing detail if you take your car to a car wash service. The entire service can be anywhere between $50 and $100 when including gratuity.
Alternatively, gas stations allow you to vacuum your car for between $.50 and $.75 per 3 to 5 minutes. This is the charge for renting their vacuum.
As you can see, owning your own handheld car vacuum can be cheaper in the long run since you only pay a single upfront fee.
Should I Wash or Vacuum my Car First?
It often pays to wash your car first. Thoroughly washing your car often entails opening the doors and clambering in and out. This allows dirt and debris to get into your car. But saving your vacuuming for after washing the inside and outside means that the vacuum gets the last laugh. Saving vacuuming for last should ensure that once you close the doors of your car, it’s as clean as it could be.
All in all, owning a handheld car vacuum is a great idea if you want your ride to impress others. Keeping a clean car is a sign of maturity and will let you enjoy the vehicle for a lot longer than if you let it remain dirty. These vacuums are easy to use and can quickly suck up most dirt from your shoes or regular wear and tear. Best of all, most handheld car vacuums are affordable and will be cheaper than paying for a vacuum each time!
If you don’t know which to pick, we’d recommend choosing the vacuum we reviewed above that you liked the best. Good luck, and thanks for reading!